Dollar General Return Policy
We want you to be fully satisfied with every item that you purchase from www.dollargeneral.com. If you are not satisfied with an item that you have purchased, you may return the item within 30 days of delivery for a full refund of the purchase price, minus the shipping, handling, and other charges.
The item must be returned in good condition, in original boxes (whenever possible), and with all paperwork, parts and accessories to ensure credit.
Return Rules and Restrictions
- You must include the return form or bottom portion of the original packing slip. Be certain to save copies for your records.
- Shipping and handling costs, gift-wrap costs and other charges are non-refundable.
- We will not accept C.O.D. or third-party billing for returned merchandise.
- In the case of shipping damages, please contact the carrier or our Customer Support department at 877-463-1553.
- You can expect a refund in the same form of payment originally used for purchase within 30 days of our receiving your returned product. Your refund will include the cost of the item, plus any applicable sales tax.
- Items purchased at our online store may not be returned to a retail store.
- Items purchased at a retail store may not be returned to our online store.
If there is extensive damage to the carton upon delivery, contact a Customer Support Representative immediately at 877-463-1553. Please have your order number available when you call.
You can expect a refund in the same form of payment originally used for purchase, within 30 days of our receiving your returned product. We will cover the return shipping cost if the return is a result of a manufacturing defect or shipping error.
Returning an Item
If you wish to return an item to www.dollargeneral.com, please follow the instructions below. Instructions are also outlined on the packing slip with your shipped items.
- Pack the item(s) securely in the original product packaging, if possible. Please include all paperwork, parts, and accessories. All items must be returned in good condition, to ensure credit.
- Enclose the bottom perforated portion of the original packing slip with the item. Please keep the top portion for your records. If you cannot send your packing slip, please include your order number, billing name, and address with the item(s).
- Before sending your return shipment, please remove all extra labels from the outside of the package.
- Send the return package to the following address (unless your packing slip directs otherwise):
350 Omega Parkway
Shepherdsville, KY 41065
- All return shipping charges must be prepaid. We cannot accept C.O.D. deliveries.
- It is recommended that you use UPS or Insured Parcel Post for your return.
- Keep the Return Tracking Number for your return package to monitor delivery status.
- You can expect a refund in the same form of payment originally used for the purchase, within 30 days of our receiving the returned order.
- Credit for gift returns will be issued to the original purchaser.
- You will be refunded the return shipping cost if the return is a result of a manufacturing defect or shipping error.
- Items ordered on www.dollargeneral.com cannot be returned to a retail store.
To contact our Customer Support Department, please click here and fill out our email form.