The Children’s Place Return Policy
- We will gladly accept unwashed, unworn merchandise, with original sales tag attached within 45 days.
- All returns are subject to verification of original sale. We reserve the right to limit returns regardless of receipt.
- Merchandise may only be returned or exchanged in the country in which it was originally purchased.
- No returns or exchanges on Halloween merchandise after Halloween.
- Certain items and online purchases may be subject to additional return restrictions as noted on the tag, packing slip or posted online.
With the original sales receipt:
- If the return is within 45 days of purchase, you will receive a full refund in the original form of payment.
- After 45 days you will receive the current selling price of the merchandise in the form of a merchandise credit. Merchandise credits cannot be redeemed for cash or used toward payment of credit cards. Merchandise credits cannot be redeemed online.
- A 10-day waiting period is required for cash refunds when the purchase was made by check; otherwise a merchandise credit will be issued. Merchandise credits cannot be redeemed for cash or used toward payment of credit cards. Merchandise credits cannot be redeemed online.
With a Gift Receipt:
- If the return is within 45 days of purchase, you will receive a full refund in the form of a Gift Card.
- After 45 days you will receive the current selling price of the merchandise in the form of a Gift Card.
Without the original sales receipt:
- To make a return or exchange without a receipt, you will be required to present a valid photo ID* (see below for the types of ID that we accept) that will be scanned at the time of the return. Information from your ID will be retained in a database of customer return activity that The Children’s Place uses to authorize returns. Information stored in this database will not be used for marketing purposes. If your return without a receipt is authorized, you will receive the current selling price of the merchandise in the form of a merchandise credit. Merchandise credits cannot be redeemed for cash or used toward payment of credit cards. Merchandise credits cannot be redeemed online.
- *The Children’s Place accepts the following IDs for all returns and exchanges: U.S. or Canadian Driver’s License, U.S. State ID, Canadian Province ID, U.S. Military ID, Passport, U.S. Laser Visa, and Mexican Consulate Card.
Return and Exchange Policy for Orders Placed Online
- Merchandise may be returned by mail or to any of our retail stores within 45 days of the original purchase date.
- Please Note: Certain items and online purchases may be subject to additional return restrictions as noted on the tag, packing slip or posted online, for example some items cannot be returned to a store.
- Exchanges for an online purchase cannot be completed by Mail, but can be made at our store locations. You can also just return the item to our online store for a credit. Certain items and online purchases may be subject to additional return restrictions as noted on the tag, packing slip or posted online.
- The restrictions and conditions stated in the Return and Exchange Policy above apply.
To Return by Mail
- Complete the Return Form (the bottom portion of your packing slip), including Quantity Returned and Reason Code found on the reverse side of your packing slip.
- Include your contact information in case we need to contact you regarding your return.
- Detach the pre-addressed return label at the bottom of the form and set aside.
- Pack your merchandise with the return form securely inside.
- Attach the pre-addressed return label to the outside packet and ship it to the address below.
- We advise selecting an insured mail service; we are not responsible for items that we do not receive.
- Packages must be prepaid by you; COD deliveries will not be accepted.
1377 Airport Road
Ft. Payne, AL 35968
- Unfortunately, we cannot refund original or return shipping fees.
- If you are returning a gift and prefer to receive a Gift Card for the total amount rather than have the original purchaser’s credit card refunded, please check the appropriate box on the return form.
- Please note that exchanges cannot be processed online. If you would like to exchange an item, you can either visit one of our retail stores or return the original item and place a new order separately.
- Refunds are only issued to the credit card used when the order was originally placed if within 45 days. After 45 days, you will receive a Gift Card that can be used online or in one of our stores.
- Please allow up to 2 weeks for your refund to post on your account once we receive the package.
- Merchandise purchased in our stores cannot be returned to the address above, but may be returned to any of our retail stores – see below for details.
Returns & Exchanges to a store
For on-the-spot returns or exchanges, please bring your packing slip along with the merchandise to be returned or exchanged to any one of our retail stores. Click here to find the location nearest you. Certain items and online purchases may be subject to additional return restrictions as noted on the tag, packing slip or posted online.
- To receive a refund, please bring your packing slip, a photo ID and the credit card that matches the name and billing information on the packing slip. If you do not have a packing slip, click on the Order Status section on childrensplace.com which will enable you to search for and print your order.
- Please note: without a packing slip we’ll gladly exchange your merchandise or issue you a merchandise credit for the current selling price of the merchandise returned.
- We cannot research orders at our retail stores. If you would like to contact us regarding your order, please email us.
- The restrictions and conditions stated in the Return and Exchange Policy above apply.
For more information visit The Children’s Place
They obviously don't care about their clientele
Their return policy is a complete joke. I tried to exchange an item my daughter received from xmas but was told without a receipt or gift receipt I could only exchange for a different size in the same item. How realistic is this? Seriously! Of course after Christmas the sizes are all picked over and my item in particular was all sold out. I said what am I suppose to do with this now, and the manager replied to regift it. Huh? First I'm not tacky like that and secondly I know no body with a daughter younger than mine. Obviously they are trying to discourage returns without a receipt but in the meantime they turned one customer who would have spent much more than what I was returning and could have turned it around with a great sale. Now they lost a customer for good. Maybe they should model after other stores like gap inc or Gymboree or carters or Nordstrom or.... wow are they only store who treats their customers like idiots? I guess so.
New Return Policy
this return policy is a joke. I tried to return our xmas items that my kids didn't like. in the craziness of xmas their grandmother couldn't find the receipt. I would have excepted a store credit with the lowest selling price of the clothes just so they don't sit in a drawer being unused. I would have probably spent more than the store credit was worth if the return policy was different. knowing it is so difficult to return items to this store I will no longer be shopping here.
Find a new store
I tried to exchange a few shirts that my son received for his birthday at store since they were a bit too small. Because we live outside the city in more of a rural area, the closest store is 30+ miles away and it took 2 weeks for us to get to town to do so. With the original receipt from the gift giver, I took the shirts in, but they didn't have the same prints as 2 of the polos, so I looked for similar ones for the same price and took them to checkout. I was expecting an easy return, repurchase, but they told me that because the receipt was from 47 days ago, I only get the current selling price for the shirts, so I had to take one of the shirts off. I asked for the manager, but she told me the same thing and she couldn't (or wouldn't) override the computer, SERIOUSLY, because I was 2 days late! So instead of 4 shirts, my son only got 3. I'll Never buy clothes from here again, and I'll tell all of my friends about this terrible customer service.
New return policy
Tried to return too small clothes my kids for for Christmas to be told I can't anymore without a recipt!! What a stupid policy!!! I don't get why you would change it!!!
New Purchased Clothes
I always buy my kids/nephews gifts at this store because I honestly think that this is an awesome company. I bought my products here always and nothing ever bad happened to them, My shipment hasn't ever been delayed in any of my orders. Whenever I got my purchased products there was no broken items and my shipment hasn't been delayed. Great Job Children's Place. But anyway, about the return and exchanges reviews is kind of bad. Please do much better with the Return & Exchange policy. I hope when I wanna return one of my items and exchange it for something else then I hope that it will turn in a right way. Not how the reviews are, Thank you for the correct items these past few days though. Please continue to fix the issues and do more better, But I still rate 5 . Thank you. Enjoy your day!