Menards Return Policy
Store Return Policy
General Guidelines for your Return or Exchange:
- Any merchandise missing the original Universal Product Code (UPC) is only available for an even exchange on the identical product.
- Returned merchandise that was purchased while on rebate must have original rebate receipt. Without rebate receipt, the value of the rebate will be deducted from the return amount.
- Sale price adjustments will be allowed during the sale of an item when this item was purchased up to 14 days prior to the sale, a credit to your Menards® Card or in-store credit will be issued for this balance. However, sale price adjustments are not allowed on end of season discounts, closeout items, or special promotions.
- Stock merchandise that is cut or altered may be subject to a 25% restocking fee.
Returns with a receipt within 90 days of purchase:
- Purchase made with cash or a debit card: a cash refund will be issued.
- Purchase made with a check: Refund will be issued in the form of an in-store credit if receipt is less than 14 days old. A cash refund will be issued if the check is more than 14 days old and you have no outstanding checks with us.
- Purchase made with a credit card: a credit will be issued to the account.
- Purchase made with an in-store credit or gift card: an in-store credit will be issued.
Returns with a receipt after 90 days of purchase:
In-Store credit or credit to your Menards® Card will be issued for the original purchase price.
Returns without a receipt:
For transactions without a receipt, you may be able to print a Return Receipt if the original purchase was made by check or credit card by using the Return Receipt Kiosk that is located by the Guest Service Desk at any Menards® store.
If in order, in-store credit will be issued – the lowest price offered including discounts due to coupons or rebates will be honored. We reserve the right to REFUSE a refund without a receipt. Returns of Holiday and Summer Seasonal Merchandise will not be allowed without a receipt. *A driver’s license or state I.D. will be required. NO ID = NO RETURN
Returns of Special Orders:
Special order items may be refunded at Menards® sole discretion with a 25% restocking fee.
Return of Gift Cards
Gift Cards are nonrefundable.
Exceptions concerning your return or exchange:
Return Policy varies by product type. These exceptions are denoted on the front of the register receipt in the following manner:
- (TD) 30 day over the counter exchange products may be returned or exchanged within 30 days of purchase with a receipt. No returns, refunds, exchanges, or credits, will be issued without a receipt. After 30 days, merchandise may be sent out for repair at the Guests expense, unless covered under warranty.
- (GP) Gas Powered items may be returned or exchanged within 30 days of purchase with a receipt if the item has not been used, in original package, and no gas was put into the item. If items do not meet these rules, the guest must take to an authorized service center for repair. If not under warranty, repair is at guest’s expense. Returns, refunds, or exchanges must have a receipt.
- (HI) Holiday items may be exchanged for the same item or a similar item of equal value. If an exchange is not desired, the item will be refunded at the receipt price if within 14 days of purchase; after 14 days, clearance price will be given if on clearance at time of return. Returns will only be accepted after the date of the holiday if item is unused and in original package.
- (SI) Seasonal items may be exchanged for the same item or a similar item of equal value. If an exchange is not desired, the item will be refunded at the receipt price if within 14 days of purchase; after 14 days, clearance price will be given if on clearance at time of return.
- (NR) Non-Refundable items, if opened or defective, are only available for an even exchange on the identical item. Delivery and/or installation services are not refundable.
- (PG) Plant Guarantee: Menards® guarantees all perennials, trees, and shrubs for one year from date of purchase. Simply return the item with your receipt and we will gladly exchange or issue a refund of your purchase price.
- (MA) Major appliances may be returned or exchanged within 7 days of the purchase date if the item has a manufacturing defect, or within 30 days of the purchase date, if the item has not been used and in original package. If items do not meet these rules, the guest must contact the vendor for warranty issues/concerns or claims. Returns, refunds, or exchanges must have a receipt.
General Guidelines for your Return or Exchange:
In the unfortunate and unexpected scenario that your purchase does not work out for you, our return process is quick and reliable, with Guest Service Representatives available to help you. Please use our online form to begin the return process. A Guest Service Representative will promptly reply with instructions to ensure your return is handled as quickly as possible. You may return an item purchased from Menards.com® at within ninety (90) days of receipt for a refund. As an added measure of service, the cost of the return shipping will be deducted from your refund amount, unless this return is deemed to be as a result of defective merchandise. Note that a twenty-five percent (25%) restocking fee will also be charged for returns of merchandise ordered online. Returned products must be in unused condition, in the original packaging, and contain all accessories, paperwork, and parts to ensure your account is correctly credited.
Return/Exchange Policy on Custom Products: Window Treatments, Doors, Steel Door Glass, Vinyl Windows & Barstools
Custom window treatments, barstools, all doors, vinyl windows, and steel door glass orders are custom-made to your specifications, and therefore we can not cancel these orders once they are in production. Nor can we accept returns or exchanges for these custom products, unless the item you received was not the correct item due to a clerical error on the part of a vendor or if the item arrived in a damaged or defective condition. If your item is damaged or not the correct item due to a clerical error on the part of a vendor, please contact us within three (3) days of receiving the item.
Should you wish to exchange an item that you purchased for a different item, please use our online form to begin the exchange process. The exchange must occur within ninety (90) days of receipt of the sale. The item must be returned in unused condition, in the original packaging, and with all accessories, paperwork, and parts to ensure your account is credited correctly. Our Guest Service Representatives can work with you to place a new order. You will see two entries on your credit card statement: one for the return (which will be credited to you upon receipt and inspection of the returned merchandise) and one for the new item (which will be charged to your card).
If you receive an item damaged, please contact our Guest Service Representatives by using our online form within three (3) days after you receive the item. We will assist you with returning the damaged item and receiving a replacement.
Gift Cards purchased online at Menards.com® are nonrefundable.