Returns are easy at Toys”R”Us and Babies”R”Us, simply return your purchase within 90* days.
* Most items fall under our 90 day return period. For a list of exceptions, please click here
Return Policy – In-store and Online
Return an online purchase (to our returns center or any store location)
* Online purchases returned within 90 days to our online Returns Center by mail will receive a refund of the price of the item and any applicable taxes will be issued in the original form of payment used to purchase the item except when returning an online item to a store.
o Items must be returned, in new, or like-new condition, and in its original packaging, and with all paperwork including manuals, assembly instructions and your packing slip, as well as all accessories to ensure full credit.
o Shipping costs will not be refunded unless the item is being returned because it is damaged or defective. If you are returning an item because it is damaged or defective, please click here for more details.
o Toysrus.com/Babiesrus.com reserve the right to refuse any returns if they do not meet our return requirements.
* Online purchases can also be returned to any Toys”R”Us or Babies”R”Us store location for merchandise credit when returned within 90 days of the purchase date.
* Click here for a list of exceptions to our 90 day policy.
Instructions for Returns to our Online Returns Center
Please follow the instructions below when packing and sending your product for return. It’s important to note that the instructions below must be followed in order to allow us the opportunity to process your return.
1. Send the item in its original packaging.
* Please remove all personal data (e.g., computer or wireless phone data, videotapes), from any returned items. Toysrus.com/Babiesrus.com is not responsible for any personal data left on or in these items.
* Any product that is returned without a promotional item(s) that was included with the original transaction (e.g., buy a TV, get a free DVD player; buy a TV, get a free gift card; or buy a TV, get a DVD player half off) will have the value of the promotional item deducted from the refund amount.
2. Pack the item carefully so that it will not be damaged during the shipping process. No credit will be issued for items missing components, parts, original box, packaging material, contents, accessories and/or manuals (i.e., any product not in “like new” condition).
3. Include your original packing slip. We will not be able to process a return for any shipment received without a packing slip.
IMPORTANT: You must check the reason for your return from the list provided on your packing slip in order for your return to be processed. If you selected Damaged, Defective or Other, you must state the nature of the damage or defect, or the reason for “other” in the space provided on the packing slip in order for us to properly process your return.
4. Use a secure shipping method to send the item so that it can be tracked. For example, if you are sending it through the United States Postal Service, please request delivery confirmation. We are not responsible for items lost during shipping, and cannot process your return until the item is received.
5. Unless a different return address is specified on your packing slip, all returns should be sent to the following address:
The Return Center
2829 Rohr Road
Groveport, OH 43125
The label for return shipment is located on the reverse side of the packing slip
Please take care in returning your items. Any item received outside of our return policy will be returned without credit.
Return an in-store purchase
* We will gladly accept returns made within 90 days of the purchase date for most items when accompanied by your in-store receipt.
o Items must be returned, in new, or like-new condition, and in its original packaging, and with all paperwork including manuals, assembly instructions and your in-store receipt, as well as all accessories to ensure full credit.
o Toys”R”Us and Babies”R”Us reserve the right to refuse any returns if they do not meet our return requirements.
Returns to stores with a store printed receipt:
|If original payment was made by:||Refund will be given in:|
|Charge Card…………………………….||Credit to Charge Card|
|Check, within the last 7 days………..||Merchandise Credit|
|Checks, after 7 days…………………..||Cash|
|Merchandise Credit…………………….||Merchandise Credit|
Returns to stores with an online packing slip or gift receipt:
* If you are returning an item using a gift receipt or .com packing slip, your refund will be in the form of a merchandise credit
* If you are returning a gift to our online Returns Center, the purchaser will receive a refund issued in the original form of payment used to purchase the item for the price of the item and any applicable taxes.
* Gift Returns made at any of our Toys”R”Us or Babies”R”Us store locations will receive a merchandise credit when accompanied by a gift receipt or online packing slip.
Store Pickup return policy (Buy Online, pick up in store)
* The return policy for Store Pickup Orders (Buy online, pick up in store) is the same as the return policy for items purchased online or in stores with one exception: Please note that you WILL NOT have a dated purchase receipt or pack slip, rather, you will receive a ‘Ready for Store Pickup’ email indicating that your order has been picked up and settled. This email serves as your receipt and will be needed for any/all returns of merchandise made on your Store Pickup order.
Exceptions to 90-Day Policy
Return Guidelines for Video Games, Accessories, and Systems/Computer Software/VHS Cassettes/DVDs/Music/Electronics/Radio-Control Items/ Trading Cards/Collectibles/ Consumer Electronics/Monitors and Breastpumps
We will accept returns of the following items within 45 days from the date of purchase: video games, accessories, and systems; computer software; VHS cassettes; DVDs; music; electronics; radio-control items; trading cards; collectibles; consumer electronics; monitors and breastpumps. The original in-store receipt or online packing slip is required and the item must be returned in its unopened and factory-sealed package. If the item has been opened, we will not be able to process the return.
Return Guidelines for Select Wheel and Outdoor Equipment/Items
We will not accept returns on some opened items purchased from our pool, water slide and large item categories; these manufacturers are listed below.
For the convenience of our guests, these manufacturers have set up toll-free customer service lines to handle all questions, problems and issues with defective merchandise.
|Adventure Playsets (Backyard Discovery)||800-856-4445|
|Swim ‘N’ Play Inc.||866-844-8044|
|Little Tikes||800-321-0183 (Please select option 1)|
|Skywalker Holdings LLC||866-603-JUMP (5867)|
Damaged or Defective Products
To return a damaged or defective item, please contact our customer service team by phone. Our customer service team will provide you with a prepaid return label and shipping instructions. Once we receive the item and have validated the damage/defect, you will be refunded the price of the item as well as any applicable taxes and shipping costs. Refunds will be issued in the original form of payment used to purchase the item. Please note that in order to receive a refund for the shipping cost of the item, you must contact our customer service team before returning the item to us, and we must be able to validate the damage/defect.
Many of the products that are sold on the Toys”R”Us and Babies”R”Us website come with a manufacturer’s warranty. For additional information on the manufacturer’s warranty for a specific product, contact the manufacturer directly.
Toys”R”Us Recalled Product Return Policy
Nothing is more important than the safety of your children. To that end, we will gladly accept returns on recalled items. If you choose to return your item to our Online Return Center, a refund will be processed to the original method of payment as long as the item is accompanied by your packing slip. If you choose to return the item to one of our retail stores, a refund will be processed to the original method of payment if your have your packing slip, or to a Toys”R”Us merchandise credit card if you do not have your packing slip.
For more information visit ToysRUs.com or BabiesRUs.com
Requires all DL info for Return
I returned a $5 item on a $56 dollar receipt and lady required all my DL information and phone #. What is this information needed for and how is is secured? Is this just a marketing gimmick they use? I won't show their any more simply because their policy seems invasive.
Although it was a long process, thanks to some very slow, very outdated computers, returning an unopened case of formula was a relatively painless process. I spent about a week and a half trying to find the receipt for the case, thinking I wouldn’t even be able to exchange this formula that my son had a reaction to, unless I had it. Little did we know, when my husband and I went to return it, they didn’t even use the receipt! Apparently it makes the computers crash when they try to return it that way, so everything had to be manually entered. I’m just glad that they were understanding and accepted our return. We were able to get what we actually needed, and learned about stocking up on formula when your infant is 3 weeks old!